Spring Cleaning & Home Decorating ideas will get you motivated and organized. Ready for a fresh start? Check out how to reinvigorate your house with deep spring-cleaning refreshes, including valuable tips and tricks.
The Benefits of Doing a Spring-Cleaning Refresh while Redecorating
Embrace the improving weather to give your home extra sparkle and shine! Been thinking of redecorating? What better time to do double duty, why not spring clean and redecorate? Don’t know where to start when it comes to spring cleaning while redecorating? This helpful guide will set you on the right track! Follow our simple steps and create a refreshed, elegant look without the hassle. We have also included tips if you are doing more than just simple redecorating. Remodeling can be a daunting task but what is a better time to do even more deep cleaning?
Revive your home’s appearance and make it sparkling clean with these smart spring cleaning tips! Get organized and inspired as we help you bring new life to your space. Spring is in the air – it’s time to give your house a deep clean and get rid of the clutter that has built up over the winter months. With a few simple steps and some helpful tips, you can make your home feel refreshed and brand new right in time for spring!
Spring is the perfect time to give your home a makeover and make it sparkle again. With these simple spring cleaning tips and DIY redecorating tricks, you’ll be able to transform any room in your home – all while you get organized! Check out our mood & inspiration boards for some outstanding interior design ideas.
Before You Begin
Check for needed repairs, paint, and/or paint touch-ups, as well as worn carpets or rugs. Make a punch list to refer to as needed. Also note outdated items, furnishings, decor, appliances, etc.
Start From the Top
Working from top to bottom is ultra-efficient. Make sure to remove any dust buildup on ceilings, walls, furniture, and other surfaces. Cleaning your home’s floors is important too – use a microfiber mop for hardwood or tile and vacuum carpets. Also, check the HVAC system – replace air filters if needed, so your house isn’t recycling stale air from months ago.
Providing your carpets and upholstery with a deep clean is fundamental to restoring the beauty of your house. Depending on their type, you can start by lightly vacuuming them with either an upright or hand-held unit. Pop any furniture cushions into the washer and allow them to air dry before adorning them back onto their original spots. Don’t forget about light curtains and blinds; give them a thorough run-through with the vacuum every couple of weeks to maintain a healthy and fresh home environment. Refresh your soft furnishings annually with a deep clean in the washing machine or take them to a professional dry cleaner if they are too delicate. Invest in protective covers for furniture like sofas, armchairs, mattresses, and pillows – as this can help keep dust away and prolong their life.
Make it Sparkle, Make it Shine!
Spring is a great time to sanitize surfaces in the home, from kitchen counters and cupboard handles to doorknobs and furniture. Don’t forget the electronics! Cleaning TV remotes, keyboards, and phones with a damp cloth can help remove germs and dust. Use cleaning solutions that are suitable for each surface – you don’t want to damage any electronic devices! Additionally, be sure to have all carpets vacuumed as this will help get rid of dirt and allergens. If you are doing a redecorate refresh see what needs replacing and work it into your design plan.
Liven Up Your Hard Flooring
Cleaning hard floors, whether wooden or laminated, can be a tiring task. Save yourself the trip to the store by investing in a steam cleaner. Look out for models with dual tank systems; they provide you with both clean and soiled water tanks, allowing all dirt to be quickly removed from your floor with ease. You’ll also enjoy consistently clean carpets thanks to the powerful suction systems provided by the machine.
Dust Commonly-Missed Areas
Dust accumulates in areas you may not think of often – such as radiators, skirtings, skirting boards, corners of the ceiling, and light switches. Use a cloth or microfiber duster to remove dust from each corner of your home – including those other common “dust magnet spots” like door frames, window sills, and even tops of wall art. Don’t forget to dust your furniture legs too! This step is often overlooked, but it helps to prevent dust from re-accumulating before the next clean.
Restore Appliances Through Deep Cleansing
After all the hard work of dusting and refreshing, clean your kitchen and bathroom appliances thoroughly. Pay special attention to those small details – like wiping down blender buttons and scrubbing moldy places off the shower wall. Once you’re done, don’t forget to check your refrigerator and freezer coils. If they’re caked with dirt or dust, give them a good vacuum to restore their function and save you energy costs!
Perhaps you want to do a complete remodel. Remodeling your home can be a daunting task, but with the right cleaning strategies and techniques, you can prepare for and complete the project with ease. This guide provides tips on how to deep clean your home before, during, and after a remodel so you can ensure every corner of your space is shining by the time the job is done.
Clear Out Clutter
During the remodel, create and follow a cleaning schedule to reduce dirt and dust from your home. It’s important to establish a routine that works for you based on the scope of your project. Prioritize high-traffic areas like living rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, and bedrooms. Regularly wipe down hard surfaces, vacuum often, and launder linens at least once a week. Use products with low emissions to clean to reduce airborne contaminants like carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
Dispose of Hazardous Materials Properly
When cleaning during and after a remodel, you must use caution as some materials may be hazardous to your family’s health. Proper disposal is key to avoiding exposure to toxins. Keep an eye out for lead paint or VOC-containing paints, varnishes, solvents, and glues used in the construction process, and wear masks when handling them. Arrange appropriate hazardous waste disposal services to ensure they are responsibly managed.
Perform a Deep Clean After the Remodel is Complete
Once the remodel is complete and all decor elements are in place, it’s time to begin the final deep clean. Start with vacuuming, mopping, and dusting away excess particles of debris such as sawdust or paint chips. Use a diluted vinegar and water solution on painted surfaces to ensure that any stubborn residue is properly removed before polishing the surfaces to a shine. Wax wood floors for overage protection and wax furniture for extra sparkle when complete.
Keep Your Home Laundry Machines in Optimal Health
Extended use of sawdust and drywall dust during a remodel can cause unpleasant odors and particles to build up in your home’s laundry machines. Make sure you take the time to clean each machine before and after a remodel using the machine’s cleaning cycle or by running them with hot water and a special liquid detergent specifically designed for washing machines. Additionally, replace the hoses connecting your washer to the sink faucet if they are more than 10 years old, as they may be prone to leakage when exposed to debris.
Refresh, Declutter, and Organize
More, Spring Cleaning & Home Decorating
- The best place to start a home decor refresh is by decluttering and getting organized. Start by going through each room and purging anything you no longer need, use, or want. You can also go through your drawers, closets, pantry, linen closet, and any other storage areas that tend to pile up over time. Not only will this give you an immediate refresh of style in the home but it will help reduce stress levels as well!.
- Bring in new furniture. If you’re looking for an impressive spring home touch-up that won’t break the bank, consider buying some new furniture pieces. Investing into one or two main pieces like a couch or armchair can really upgrade the living area instantly with more comfort and beauty. Alternatively, you can go around to different second-hand furniture stores or even scour Facebook Marketplace for budget-friendly options!
- Mix up accent pieces. Accent pieces are always a fun way to switch up your decor style for spring! Consider throwing on some colorful throw pillows on the couches or adding a cozy area rug that ties everything together in the living room. If you have any bare walls in your house, opt for wall art like abstract paintings or framed photos from your travels!
- Brighten up with fresh flowers. Having fresh flowers indoors has become increasingly popular these days because not only does it smell amazing but they instantly brighten any space when you walk in. Whether its tulips arranged in a vase on the coffee table or succulents potted along the windowsill – plants and floral arrangements add life and joy to a home within minutes!
- Reorganize your accessories. Another easy yet effective method of refreshing your decor is simply by reorganizing accessories like bookshelves, side tables, etc.. For example, moving them around from one side of the room to the other so they’re serving double duty as interior design elements in their own right – this trick can make all of the difference without having to buy any additional items at all!
- Refresh window treatments. Spring is an excellent time for new window treatments as well – blinds made with natural fibers like jute will add some warmth to a space while heavy drapes can increase privacy if needed. Or perhaps try light curtains that allow more sunlight while still looking stylish (and bring lots of cheer!).
- Add layers of lighting. Last but not least, lighting is key when refreshing home decor! Overhead lighting shouldn’t be ignored – think floor lamps next to sofas and bedside lamps near beds that offer cozy illumination perfect for nights spent reading before winding down for sleep Each type should serve its purpose but still match the overall design scheme perfectly – now that should finish off most smartly done Springhome updates quite nicely
In Conclusion, Spring Cleaning & Home Decorating
In Conclusion, Spring Cleaning & Home Decorating offers the opportunity to spruce up your home and make it more enjoyable. From deep-cleaning carpets and furnishings to painting walls and replacing fixtures, you can maximize your efforts by preparing ahead of time and planning even the smallest detail. Spring cleaning also offers an ideal opportunity to declutter and reorganize areas such as closets and other storage areas for a fresh start for the season.
Consider air cleaners for continued dust and pollen reduction. Home cleaning has never been easier with the introduction of portable air cleaners. These low-cost and easy-to-use machines are perfect for those who need a fast, effective solution to clean the air in their homes. They eliminate the need for costly renovations or permits, allowing you to start freshening your home immediately. Plus, as they come in all shapes and sizes, it’s easy to find one that fits your needs and budget!
Find some popular budget decorating ideas here.
Read more about spring cleaning & home decorating here.
barbie decoratebarbie decoratingbarbie decorationsbarbie house smallbarbie surferbold colorscalming colorscolorcolor combinationcolor palettecolor trendscontrastdecorating vinyl recordsdecor junkiediydiy home decorgreeneryhome decorhome decor color trends 2023home decor ideashome decor inspirationhome decor styleshome interior designIDJ Interior Designs Junkieinterior designInterior design junkieinteriordesignsjunkieinteriordesignsjunkie.cominterior design trendslightingliving roommid century modernmodern interior designMood boards for interior designorganizescalescale and proportionScandinavianstatement piecessurfer barbietexturetimelesstypes of home decor styleswall artwhat interior design
Spring cleaning your home offers many benefits, including improving the air quality in your space and giving you a sense of accomplishment. It also gives you an opportunity to organize and declutter, freeing up energy and making more room to bring in new items that can give your home a fresh look. Spring cleaning can also help uncover repairs that need to be done before it gets too hot during the summer months.